Our little Family

Our little Family

Friday, December 12, 2014

Eternal Perspective

Today I got really sad news that a friend of mine, a girl who was in my Sunday school class from church when we were ages 15-18, is dying with terminal cancer. I'm always sad when I hear news of someone suffering from an illness that is serious like cancer and especially when it's terminal.. but this one had me in tears all day. My heart is aching for her and her little family. She has been married to her husband just a short 6 years and has two adorable kiddlins, a 4 year old girl and a two year old boy. I just can't even imagine what is going through her mind and it just makes me cry for her. She doesn't have very long, probably 2-3 months they say.. so if whoever reads this will pray earnestly for her and her family, I would be so grateful.

It's weird to have an old friend, someone your age only 27, dying. It puts your whole existence into perspective. You start to think of your own mortality. What am I doing everyday that is helping me improve, what am I learning?, how am I growing?, what kind of mark will I leave behind if I go now?

Today was the perfect day for those thoughts to flow through my mind, because My kids were H.E Double hockey sticks today, just pure terror.. destroying our beautifully freshly cleaned home. Today was just plain crazy, but I am reminded through my old friend that I need to take advantage of every minute I am here on earth.

I am so grateful for the gospel and the knowledge we are given that life doesn't end just here on earth, that we live forever and not alone, but with our loved ones. I am sealed to my husband for eternity and our little ones as well. So if anything were to happen, I know we will be together again soon. This life on earth is just a blimp in the eternal life we will live.. so what am I doing today to take advantage of growth here on earth. It's certainly not surfing the internet and spending loads of time on FB or Pinterest. Definitely no growth from watching T.V. When I think of my mortal life, I think of why our Heavenly Father sent us here... and I feel like I waste a lot of precious time. That is changing now. I want to grow more, serve more, and live life more better. I'm definitely going to spend less time on FB and more time reading scriptures, less time on other pointless things and make more fun memories with my kids and time serving others rather than serve myself. These are my new goals. I don't want to look back with regrets. Someday when I look my Father in Heaven in the eyes, I don't want to feel ashamed. I want to be able to honestly say, I've done the best I can possibly do. I am just so grateful for that peace and knowledge the gospel of Jesus Christ brings. It still doesn't take all sting of pain away when you loose someone you love, but it helps bring peace and comfort.  I am still praying for a miracle, if that is the lord's will for my old friend, but most of all comfort and peace on her and her little family. I haven't seen her in about 9 years (that's what I love about FB) ;) but I am certain, knowing who she was 9 years ago, she hasn't wasted time, and that she will leave a beautiful and positive mark on this world and in the lives she was apart of. My love and prayers go to you Bonnie, if you ever see this. Wish I could give you the biggest hug!

Love, Camilla

No comments:

Post a Comment